Wednesday, September 5, 2012

21 Week Update

DSC08640

My lack of posting on here lately is so unfortunate.  I so enjoy blogging, and I hate getting into these slumps where I just feel like there's nothing worth writing about.  I have a few ideas jotted down on a sticky note on my desk, so I can tell you that a few posts will be coming at least! =]

For now I'll give you a quick pregnancy update.  And, as usual, I cannot believe how fast this pregnancy is going.

How far along: Today I am 21w5d.

How big is baby: I'm not sure if this is when baby weights begin to vary?  One thing I read said 7 oz and another said 11 oz.  The fruit is a banana.  Hehe.  About 7 inches long. 

Total weight gain: I think about 12lbs.

Maternity clothes:  Mostly just wearing versatile clothing.  Flowy maxi skirts/dresses, leggings, low-rise jeans and stretchy knit tops.  My 2 pairs of maternity jeans still don't fit quite right.  My butt doesn't fill them out... yet. =/

Sleep:  Quite good!

Best moment of the week:Being able to watch baby dance from the outside.  Seriously??***Edited to add: Ben felt a kick for the first time this week! =]***

Food cravings:  Nothing really.

Food aversions:Nothing again.  I'm so boring.  Haha.

Symptoms: Oh ya know, just sporting a round belly and peeing every hour or so.  That kind of thing.

Movement: SO. MUCH!  And I absolutely love it.  I'm not sure if I just don't remember with Ziva, but I'm pretty sure this baby is so much more hyper.  I hope that doesn't translate to high strung at birth.  Ziva was the most chill baby, and I'm hoping for a repeat.  A girl can dream, right?

Gender: Still not finding out.  It's kind of fun knowing that we could know now though. =]

What I’m looking forward to: I'm excited that at my next midwife appt she can listen to the baby using a fetoscope (fetoscope /fe·to·scope/ (fēt´ah-skōp)
1. a specially designed stethoscope for listening to the fetal heart beat.)
instead of the doppler.  Baby is getting so big!

What I miss: Nothing.
Next appt:  Mid September.

Reading:  I added this little bullet myself.  =]  It seems like a fun addition.  Anyway.  I'm currently reading The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvey Karp, MD and Your Best Birth by Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein.  I'm not very far into either book, but I am enjoying them both so far.  Oh, and not a book, but we did watch a documentary I brought home from the lending library at our midwives' practice.  It was called Laboring Under an Illusion.  It contrasts media childbirth (showing different clips from movies and tv shows) with the real thing, and it was pretty good.  It surprisingly gave us a lot of laughs and was really fun to watch together.  But, a lot of things are really fun when you do them with your best friend. =]