I try to avoid using this block of time to do household chores. I find that having mama time while she naps leaves me feeling a lot more refreshed and ready to tackle the afternoon when she wakes up. This helps me to be a more gentle, patient, loving mama.
Here are some things I do to relax in the afternoons:
- Write in my prayer journal.
- Paint my nails.
- Read/write blogs.
- Watch hairstyling tutorials on youtube then try them out.
- Read books.
- Knit outside.
- Watch an episode of a show or part of a movie while knitting. I usually choose something girly that I know the hubs would rather not watch.
- Craft something I don't want "help" with. ;)
- Browse Pinterest or chat on Facebook.
- Slowly enjoy a hot drink, while it's still hot.
- Nap. (I did this everyday early in pregnancy - I was beat!) If being woken up makes you grumpy, set an alarm for a few minutes before you expect your little(s) to wake up.
- Sew. A partial project or a simple project that can be done in an hour.
Oh and also, here's my belly. A few days late, but that's okay!
Each Friday I can hardly believe another week has gone by. This pregnancy is so fast so far. (Have I said that already??) We're 3 weeks away from the half-way point! Amazing! I still feel like I just found out, and I still forget I'm pregnant some days. I have been feeling a little movement here and there though, so that helps remind me. =] Ben is (im)patiently awaiting his turn to feel a kick.
What do you like to do during your mama (or daddy) time?