Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Instant Gratification

So.  If you're on Pinterest (follow me!) then you've no doubt seen lots of cute boot socks and/or legwarmers floating around the boards.  So much cuteness!  Believe it or not I was not interested in knitting them.  But I still wanted some.  Then I remembered this sweater I had.
I bought this sweater when I was in high school.  I remember it being like $40 at American Eagle and thinking it was a classic looking staple and I'd get a lot of use out of it.  Well, I did.  I loved this sweater.  I could wear it with anything and I even wore it through my pregnancy.  After awhile though, it lost some elasticity and I just didn't like wearing it because the neckline was all stretched out and I was constantly tugging at it.  Into the thrifting pile it went... that's been sitting there for months.  Till yesterday, out of the thrifting pile it came.  My beloved sweater has a happy second life!

Legwarmers AND a cowl!  (Ps, please excuse my awkward attempts at modeling and backdrop of kitchen cupboards.  Gotta work with what I got.)  I love this little set.  I still need to stitch a hem around before I wash them (assuming they'll need it someday).  But yeah, I didn't sew a bit.  Sleeves are now legwarmers and the bottom half of my sweater is now a cowl.  =D