Monday, January 23, 2012

Thoughts on Housework.

Housework.

It's inevitable.

In our home there seems to be a steady supply of dirty dishes, dirty laundry, dirty floors, etc.  Our home is lived in.  That's what happens.

I'm not going to say I love doing housework or anything like that.  I do find it rewarding and peaceful at the day's end to relax in a clean space.  However, I've found a greater reward by using daily chores as a means to count my blessings.

While doing the dishes, "Thank you, Lord, for providing my family with wholesome meals."

While putting away clean laundry, "Thank you, Lord, for our clothes that keep our bodies warm."

While sweeping up dirty floors, "Thank you, Lord, for the feet that have walked through my home."

While putting away books and blocks and play food for the millionth time (it seems) that day, "Thank you, Lord, for the joy that our daughter brings to our lives."

I find this really helps change my outlook and attitude toward housekeeping.

Next time you go to tackle your least favorite chore, think about why you have to do it, and you might find that it's not so bad after all.