Monday, May 17, 2010

Skin Deep

I have recently been introduced to Skin Deep database. This is a wonderful website where you can type in the different cosmetics you use everyday and they have analyzed the ingredients and given the product a rating from 0-10. 0 being good, 10 being bad. (Lots of hazardous chemicals.)

I like that they do the work for you. I could read all the ingredients on the back of all my cosmetic bottles, and google what they are and if they're okay but that would take forever. So I find this website to be super awesome. I just check out the score, then scroll down the page to read which of the ingredients (if any) are harmful and why.

So here is what I'm looking at today:I started using this tinted moisturizer about a month or so ago. I love it because I hate wearing foundation. With this I step out of the shower, dry off and rub a bit into my face. When I say 'a bit' I mean like a dime-sized amount or less. You seriously have to use hardly any. In one step I have moisturized, evened out my skin tone and applied sunscreen.

Skin Deep score: 3

After reading what they had to say about my product, I searched for 'tinted moisturizer' to check out other brands. Some had a lower score which is cool, now that I know this I might try those next time. But I'm not too concerned with a score of 3 when Neutrogena and Olay make some that score 7 & 9.