Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where Have I Been?

I feel like a really uncommitted blogger. But it's not really my fault. =] My computer turns on when it feels like it. SO. ANNOYING.

So anyway. We had a lovely trip to Apalachin, NY this past weekend for a friend's wedding. Ben was a groomsman, so we left our house Friday morning at 7:30am and got to the church about 45 minutes before the rehearsal was supposed to start at 5. The wedding was beautiful! It started at 11, we stayed 'till about 2:20, and were able to make it back home by 11 that night. So much driving! I drove for 2 hours on the way home. Wheee go me. Haha. Whilst driving, I beat Ben at 2 out of 3 rounds of the ABC game. (The one where you find each letter on signs, license plates, etc...) It was fun. =]

So here we are driving. Sweet. =]

And now for my latest blogworthy knits. ::drumroll please::

More merino longies. This time DH picked the yarn. I think they're a little boyish. So I added a flower. But I forgot that it should have 5 petals...so it's a little like a 4 leaf clover? Lol. Well they're cute anyway. =]

And last but not least, cupcakes!! I made these for my friend Alicia's daughters, who are 18 months & twin 8 month olds. From left to right they are in order of which one I made first. You can kind of tell that they got better as I knit each one and adapted the pattern to make them look a little better. Here's a link to the pattern: http://ax174.blogspot.com/2006/02/my-own-pattern-iv-cupcake.html The adaptions are all listed at the bottom, I kind of took things from different ones and I think my last one turned out pretty sweet! (Pun intended. ;])

2 comments:

BrendaR said...

Wow! Those are really cute! The longies are, too! I have got to get back into knitting. I need something to do at night!!

Nice job, honey!

Bridget said...

WOW the longies are AWESOME! And the flower makes them super cute! And I LOVE the cupcakes and agree your last one looks scrumptious! hehe You look great and I can't wait for you to have that baby!!! Time sure does fly when it's someone else that's pregnant!! For me it's like WHAT? I'm only 1 day more pregnant? It feel like it's been 4 weeks and I realize I am only 1/2 day more pregnant than the last time I thought about it LOL. Your time it ticking away fast! Can't wait!! That girl is gonna be one spoiled rotten wool wearer! Doesn't get any better than that!