Friday, June 29, 2012

12 weeks!

DSC08404

We had a midwife appointment today and it was quite lovely.  We heard our sweet baby's heartbeat for the first time.  I had different emotions this time, happy of course, but with Ziva I cried, this time I just started giggling.  I think it had something to do with looking down at Ziva standing on the floor giving me this big goofy grin while our midwife had a doppler on my belly.  So much fun.

After our appointment we took a nice bike ride.  Which was kind of a miracle that it even happened.  Backstory... our appointment was at 9am.  We live 30 mins from the office.  We woke up at 8.  Oops!  It was also pouring rain.  I had given up on the bike and picnic plan, but the hubs didn't!  In the 30 min we had to get ready, I showered, he cooked eggs, I got the girl ready, he put bikes on the car (in the rain) and I packed a picnic lunch.  I was a little proud of us.  ;]

So anyway, nice bike ride, but it was a bit of a workout for this mama!  Then a yummy picnic lunch.  Finished off with a walk around Target and then ice cream on the way home.  Yeah.  We go all out. ;]