Friday, February 17, 2012

Finished Projects & Weird Maine Weather

1329494744474_196248

Finally Ziva's little stripey socks are off the needles!  I had just been waiting to graft the toe on the 2nd one for days but couldn't find a darn darning needle!  (Tee hee.)  I ran out of gray a few rows short of finishing the last stripe but they're still pretty cute. =]

1329509410447_196248

I finished Ziva's Pilot Hat yesterday.  I had a small ball of noro silk garden leftover from my Shalom, (ravelry link here) then her sweater dress (ravelry link here)and I used up every bit of it in a few small stripes in this hat. =]  I'm happy with the way I used it, it was just sitting in my yarn bowl staring at me and I so wanted to use it, I just didn't know how to stretch it!  The green is cascade 220 I had in my stash. 

1329509042291_196248

I love the shape of this hat, and the way it covers her ears.  It came out a little big, and it seems the pattern runs quite large.  I was using worsted weight on size 4 needles.  (5.5 st per inch.)

1329508936859_196248

It has been abnormally warm for February in Maine.  This afternoon the sun started shining so the wee one and I took a stroll down our dirt road.  Lots of puddles to splash in.  It's not every February 17th we have puddles.  Pretty crazy.

Then we got out sand toys and built snow castles. 

Then the sun went away and I got chilly and made Ziva go inside.

That wasn't pretty.

But we had nutella hot chocolate and white cheddar popcorn and it was all better. =]

Happy weekend, friends!