- 10 Servings
- Prep: 45 min. + cooling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, bring the rhubarb, 1/2 cup sugar and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove from the heat; sprinkle gelatin and cinnamon over rhubarb mixture. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Stir in marshmallows.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk, salt and remaining sugar to 175°. Remove from the heat; stir in cream and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled. Pour into cylinder of ice cream freezer; process for 10 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Add rhubarb mixture; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- When ice cream is frozen, transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 5 cups.
Editor's Note: If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 300 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 95 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
-Prepared my ingredients. (Minus the mini-marshmallows...not my thing.)
-The two combined.
- Poured into the kitchenaid bowl and placed in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Whipping the mixture.
-Return mixture to freezer until it starts to freeze around the edges, whip, repeat several times. (Until you achieve your desired ice creamy thickness.)