Sunday, November 1, 2009

Norwegian Star Hat

So I decided to take a bit of time while I'm visiting at my parents' and have access to a computer to blog a bit.

I've been doing a lot of knitting lately. My most recent projects are: fair isle mittens for me, hat for the hubs and socks for me. The hat is done. =] Mittens and socks are still WIPs (work in progress). You see, I am one of those knitters who gets the dreaded "Second Sock Syndrome" and I suppose this works with mittens too. What happens is, you make one sock, and have to desire to start the next one. So I decided to mix things up a little and make one mitten, then a sock, then the second mitten, then the second sock. Lol. I'm on the first sock now, so we'll see how it works. =]

Anyway, here's a picture of the hubs in his new hat for your viewing pleasure. =] All in all I love the way it looks on him. But after I was completely done I realized that the stars don't look quite right. I think I may have messed up the chart while I copied it down from the iPod (since I couldn't print it out.) Ehh. Contemplating frogging it and fixing it, but that makes me feel a little sad. =[ He likes it anyway. =]


No real news on the baby front. We've got less than 2 weeks till the due date. (Ohmygoodness!) We're super excited and ready to meet our little girl. I've got my new camera ready and all her diapers are here, clean and organized. =] All we need is her!

1 comment:

BrendaR said...

NICE!!! I think mixing up the mittens and socks will be a great idea, too!