Monday, March 5, 2012

Simplify, simplify, simplify!

This has been my mantra as of late.  I've been on a huge simplifying kick ever since reading Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider.  One of the biggest things I remember from the book is this quote;

"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris

   I am on a quest to make this statement true in our household one room at a time, and this month over on Tsh's blog Simple Mom, I'm participating in Project Simplify.  It's a big group of people doing spring cleaning together and sharing before and after pictures on Fridays! 


This week is Kids' Stuff.  This one isn't too overwhelming for me as Ziva is only 2 and we haven't allowed her to accumulate much extra stuff.  There is some, however!

Next week is Kitchen/Pantry (which I'm psyched about!), then Closets, Countertops and Drawers, and the last week is Pick Your Own Adventure (which will be our basement storage unit, and the hubs has already volunteered to help!).

Another reason why I am actively simplifying lately is because we are anticipating a move.  Last time we moved, we didn't go through a lot of stuff and we ended up throwing random odds and ends into boxes which just got stuck in, you guessed it, the basement storage unit, where it still is. =/  I don't want to bring this stuff with us next time we move.

We'll go through and ask, "Is it useful?  Is it beautiful?"  If the answer is no, it's gone!  Yippee!

So, what say you, blog friends?  Want to join the fun?