Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Do you ever knit something and while you're in the process you just *know* it's not exactly the right size, but you keep knitting anyway hoping you're wrong?  Yeah, I'm doing that right now.  I'm tried these on a couple times and they're snug, but I mean, they're socks, so, is that really a bad thing?  The thing is, they're knit on size 0 needles (the pattern asked for 1s for the legs and 0s for the foot, but I don't have 1s) so they take so dang long to knit I can't bear to frog them...  I'm thinking we'll be alright. =]


I am really into gray and white stripes right now.  I don't know why, but I'm loving them.

Ziva's slippers are in the last stages of being finished.  Yesterday I added elastic around the ankles so they don't fall off when she's walking around.  I had sewn a leather sole to one slipper, but I put it on crooked so I need to start over.  Has anyone done this?  I have leather scraps from the hub's previous employer and I'm not sure if it would be better to have the smooth leather side down or the fuzzyish suede.  Someone who owns Robeez help me out here! ;]  I'm leaning toward smooth, but that seems slippery to me as well!

My hat has been finished, however, I want it to be a little less slouchy, so I plan on frogging it back one less pattern repeat and then redoing the decreases.  I should do that today so I can enjoy wearing it. ;]  We shall see!

What are you working on?  Leave me a link in the comments!