Wednesday, October 12, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It's been so long!  Life is busy but I guess I just don't feel like I've had a lot of "blogworthy" happenings going on.  However, I've missed blogging, and knitting is easy for me to talk about! ;]

I'm following along with Ginny's Yarn Along today.  She is always reading something and knitting something, and I admire that she takes time to read for herself with 6 kids in the house!  I decided today to add the books that I actually read most.  These are Ziva's favorites.  Top to bottom: Put Me in the Zoo (aka Zoo!), The Grouchy Ladybug (I don't think she calls this anything, but she does think all ladybugs say, "hey, you!"), I Love My Mommy Because... (aka love the mommy), and If You Give a Cat a Cupcake (aka cats & cakes). 

Now onto the knitting!

The green things you see in the left hand corner are fingerless mitts for the hubs.  They're basically done, I just haven't woven in the ends so I included them. ;]

The gray you see in the center is a pair of (soon-to-be) felted slippers for Ziva.  This pattern is really cool and I can't wait to see how they look once I've seamed them and felted them!  I'm also planning on sewing on leather soles for traction from a scrap piece of leather the hubs brought home from his old job awhile back.

And last but not least!  The baby blue on the needle is an aviatrix hat for Ziva.  I just started this this morning and I'm enjoying it so far.  I'm planning on added an oversized crocheted flower to the side, but I'm basically crochet-impaired so we'll see if youtube is good enough!

In other news, I've started planning for Miss Ziva's 2nd birthday and I'm finding it hard to believe!