Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fall


Ahhh September. I know the calender says that the first day of Fall is September 21st, but I count the entire month as Fall. Kids are back in school now so it must be true! I am anticipating spending my favorite season doing my favorite things. I absolutely adore the season changing into Fall. Here are some of my favorite fall things...


Pumpkins
Ziva looking uncomfortable atop a pile of pumpkins, 2010.

Mums
Not "Mothers" I love my mom all the time. I'm talking about the flowers.
Me @ 35 weeks pregnant, October 2009.


Apple Picking
Ben and I enjoying our first fall as a married couple at our most favorite apple orchard, Ricker Hill in Turner, ME- 2008.

Leaves
Ziva enjoying the fall leaves, October 2010.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes
AKA Heaven in a cup. Image Source.

Memories


Fall has a way of bringing back memories of first days with this little lady.


Foliage
Image Source

Living in New England, you see some seriously beautiful Fall foliage. My parents used to take us on insanely boring foliage rides all over Maine. The fun part was when we got somewhere that we could get out and walk around and go to the bathroom. Now? I like driving aimlessly and looking at leaves. Proof that I'm getting older.

Also? My birthday is in September. I remember being a kid and hearing adults say that after awhile you might forget your birthday, or how old you're turning. Which is crazy talk to a kid. Your birthday is like, the one day of the year that everything is about you. ;] I have yet to forget my birthday. I love my birthday. Probably because Ben spoils me.

I was thinking about my birthday the other day, and to my surprise, I forgot how old I'm turning. Not like, I had to sit there and do the math, but I just had to contemplate it for a second. And do you know what the first age that popped into my head was? 30. Ummm. I'm not turning 30 this month. I'm turning 22.

Houston, we have a problem.

I enjoy foliage rides and my soul is turning 30.

Happy September!