Friday, September 5, 2008

Alpacas!!! =] =] =] And yarrrn!!


Today my hubby and I went to Nezinscot Farm for the first time! This farm store is about 10 - 15 minutes away from our apartment, and I'd driven by it a couple of times and thought, hey, that looks neat, but hadn't stopped. But today I just really wanted to see some alpacas. So we drove there, and stopped at the store.
We had to just park on the side of the road to see the alpacas. I really wanted to get close!! Look at the little cutie baby one!! Aww.
I was soooooooooo happy that inside the store they sell yarn! Made from their alpacas' wool! They also sell a ton of organic products, I was surprised at how big it is inside!

Here's the skein I chose to make a pair of longies for my new neice, due October 2nd! (I decided the ones I'm working on now will be like a practice pair, mostly because they're not extremely soft, so I'll give them to our 5 year old neice for one of her dolls.)


I love the fact that the yarn is made right here in Maine, just minutes from where I live! It's hand painted, and 100% wool! They sell other yarns there too, but I thought it was so awesome that I could purchase this, then go outside and see the animals that it came from. So neat!! I have an idea that this will be my primary yarn shop from now on! =] I can't wait to get my hands on this yarn! =]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were suposed to go to the farm. =[ then you chickened out.